Let us continue to seek the perfect plan God made for each of us.
If you are new to the blog, please read my last three posts: “Christian Screenwriter Seeks God’s Plan“, “God Called Me!” and “God’s Plan For Me!”. We are in the middle of worshiping God as we thank Him for all He has done and will do as we seek His plan. Faithfully, we stand firm on God’s word, striving to follow His way.
We are never alone in the plan God made for each of us. He is right here, holding our hands as we press on. Thank Him for that comfort. Thank Holy Spirit for working in your heart as you understand God’s plan. Thank Jesus that no matter how life unfolds on earth, His death assures us perfect eternal peace.
Acknowledge God for His promises to you!
We are called by God, He created a plan for each of us, He made promises to us, and if we believe He affords us blessings.
1. God placed the following words in the mouth of a sorcerer named Balaam. God was using Balaam to pass on a message to Balak, the evil king of the Mobites. God states His own character here, reminding us of His righteous supremacy. We trust His promises, because they come directly from Him!
Numbers 23:19 God is not human, that he should lie, not a human being, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?
2. Some of God’s many promises to Israel included a nation will be born from Abram, freedom from slavery in Egypt and king David’s thrown will be established forever. God’s greatest promise is from Abram’s Seed all the nations of the earth would be blessed. This promise reveals those who believe in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ will be blessed. Thank you, God, for fulfillment of the perfect promise – eternal life!
Joshua 21:45 Not one of all the LORD‘s good promises to Israel failed; every one was fulfilled.
3. The LORD also promised that king David, a warrior, would have a son named Solomon who reigns in peace and builds God’s temple in Jerusalem. What promises has God made to you that you have already received? Have you felt the reality of His promise: if you search for Him you will find Him? Are you encouraged by His promises of salvation and comfort?
Thank God right now for His steadfast promises.
1 Kings 8:20 “The LORD has kept the promise he made: I have succeeded David my father and now I sit on the throne of Israel, just as the LORD promised, and I have built the temple for the Name of the LORD, the God of Israel.
4. As we go through the process of seeking God’s plan, remember to thank Him for keeping evil far from your thoughts. With God on our side, evil has no hold. Know we can turn to God for peace when problems arise. Thank Him for a kingdom that reigns supreme and for His loving character.
Psalms 145:13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The LORD is trustworthy in all he promises and faithful in all he does.
5. God wants us to succeed in the promises He planned for us here on earth. Striving to fulfill God’s will shows obedience. He desires children who listen to His word and believe. Why? Because in the end, when we meet Him face to face, He will acknowledge us and bless us with the fruition of His perfect promise, eternal life in heaven.
I praise God for His good and faithful servant, Billy Graham! Reverend Graham was a true example of obedience to God’s word as he shared the gospel with all who had ears to hear.
Hebrews 10:36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
6. The next verse is especially dear to me, because I was like Sarah. Not quite as old, but I waited seven years for my only child. Through all my prayer, I felt assured He would bless me with a daughter. Though I would have liked more children, God’s plan for me was one child, but what a blessing my Joy is!
Give thanks now for the loved ones He surrounds you with, as you seek His plan for you.
Hebrews 11:11 And by faith even Sarah, who was past childbearing age, was enabled to bear children because she considered him faithful who had made the promise.
7. Through Jesus, God offers love, peace, hope, contentment – all things we need for a fulfilling life. But we aren’t to keep these blessings to ourselves. We are called to take these godly gifts and share them with the world, just as Reverend Graham did. Trust God that through Jesus, you can escape decisions caused by evil desire in the world and know His good plan for you.
2 Peter 1:4 Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature, having escaped the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.
Read this post everyday until next week’s post. Praise God for the promises He’s given you as you work towards a specific goal or contemplate important decisions. I am trusting God for His plan for my screenplay. Have you figured out for what plan you are trusting God? Continue to pray about it this week.
Next week, we’ll praise God for His word on believe. Jesus said, “Everything is possible for one who believes.”