Thank you for praying and worshiping with me these past five weeks! Only two more weeks to go in this series. I pray Holy Spirit has worked in your heart and helped you along your path, just as He helps me.
By now, you should have a clearer understanding of God’s plan for you. Something must be touching your heart that you should or should not do in you plan. This seven week series started as a way to share with you how I commune with God, walking in faith to get my Christian screenplay, THE PLAN, read and eventually produced.
I hope my journey trusting God inspires you to start/continue trusting God, as we both seek our plan.
I prayed on THE PLAN before I wrote it, asking for discernment. I prayed for ten months while writing THE PLAN for God’s complete direction. Now, I continue to pray as I stand on His word sharing with you specific scriptures I read daily. I believe in His blessing; expecting more that I can ask or image for THE PLAN.
Before you continue, thank God for favor upon you. Thank Holy Spirit for leading you. And thank Jesus for being your savior. Whatever we do in life, when we know God and make Him known to others, we fulfill His plan.
Today’s post is about blessings. Check out my last four posts, “Christian Screenwriter Seeks God’s Plan”, “God Called Me!”, “God’s Promises To Me!” and “God, I Believe!” from the C – P – P – B – B series. Next week concludes this series.
1.If you are a believer, God chose you to be His adopted son or daughter. And just like a good earthly father provides for his children, our heavenly Father provides us blessings.
Deuteronomy 7:12-13 If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the LORD your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to your ancestors. He will love you and bless you and increase your numbers. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land—your grain, new wine and olive oil—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you.
2. God loves to bless those who follow Him; it’s in His word. When we read the Bible, we commune with God. We get closer to Him; understanding His ways. Believing and trusting makes for a clearer path between right and wrong. Between choosing to do something for selfish gain or for His glory.
Psalms 1:1-2 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night.
3. God wants us to be willing and teachable, yet by His grace we are blessed, not by actions. We all sin and fall short of God’s glory. No matter our failures, God says believers have eternal life in Him. Praise God for the blessing one day you will be in His presence.
Proverbs 8:34-35 Blessed are those who listen to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For those who find me find life and receive favor from the LORD.
4. Everyday we have opportunity to grow, serve and be productive for God. Just being kind and offering help are ways of making God known to others. My screenplay points to God by illustrating He has a plan for each of us. What decisions are you making this week to make God known to others? Are you striving to bless others or allowing evil to overtake your good plan?
Proverbs 10:6 Blessings crown the head of the righteous, but violence overwhelms the mouth of the wicked.
5. Realizing our blessings often help us focus on our plan. I’m blessed by writing. Writing is not toilsome for me. So focusing on writing as a plan became my goal. What are your blessings? Do you enjoy good food? Are you a people person? If you hate cooking then a plan of working in a kitchen might not be right for you. . .but you could own a restaurant!
Proverbs 10:22 The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, without painful toil for it.
6. I know whatever plan I decide to follow, my plan is God’s plan when it brings glory to Him. Romans 10:12-13 circles back to the first post of this series, Called. Abram called to God, worshiping Him for whatever plan God had for him. No matter your race, color or sex, God blesses those who worship Him.
Romans 10:12-13 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
7. The apostle John wrote the book of Revelation as a blessing to us from God. Revelation reveals the identity of Christ, giving warning and hope to believers. We are blessed when we know Christ and we are blessed when we share who Christ is.
To receive God’s blessing of eternal life make sure your plan includes knowing Christ and making Christ known.
Revelation 1:1-3 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
SHARE: God’s Blessings To Me!,
ORDER copies of my book, LIFT HIM UP DON’T PULL HIM DOWN @ LULU.COM or AMAZON.COM for your next Bible Study. Learn the importance of keeping God’s name holy.
Pingback: Praise God! He Has A Plan For You! | Lift Him Up