Let’s seek the perfect plan God made for each of us.
Last week I shared C – P – P – B – B; five plans of God:
We are called by God, and He created a plan for each of us. He made promises to us, and to believe affords blessings.
This week starts the first of five weeks where I share seven specific Bible verses, inspired by Holy Spirit, on each of those Five Truths. As we individually seek out God’s plan, let’s start with praise for being called by God. Position your heart and thank Him right now for all He’s done in your life; the people around you, and situations (good and bad) that have led you here today.
(If you are new and seek a better understanding of God’s plan for you, check out last week’s post.)
1.God appeared to Abram in Canaan and promised to give the land to Abram’s offspring. It was there he built an alter to the Lord to worship Him. Read this verse then call God, thanking Him for whatever plan He has for you:
Genesis 12:8From there he [Abram] went on toward the hills east of Bethel and pitched his tent, with Bethel on the west and Ai on the east. There he built an altar to the LORD and called on the name of the LORD.
2. The Word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet. God instructs us to call to Him for all we need to know. Position your heart correctly, let it have ears to hear, and call on God for a better understanding of your plan.
Jeremiah 33:2-3 “This is what the LORD says, he who made the earth, the LORD who formed it and established it—the LORD is his name: ‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
3. In the two verses above, we called on God. But Acts 2:38-39 states God calls us. God promises Holy Spirit to all who repent and are baptized. If you believe in Christ, Holy Spirit dwells within you and is there to help. Confess your sin and Holy Spirit will help you hear God’s call.
Acts 2:38-39 Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
4. This is a good verse to memorize. If you are Christian, you are called for a purpose. Praise God by taking the time to memorize His Word. Speak it back to Him daily as you go through the process of understanding His plan for you.
Romans 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
5. This is long but if you have been called by God, you need His protection. Evil is against every step you take toward your plan. He confuses you. Tells you it’s impossible. You aren’t qualified. You have no money. Your dream is too big. Put on God’s armor and speak out your memorized verse, Romans 8:28, so he knows God controls your life, not him!
Ephesians 6:11-18 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.
In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
6. Know that being called means we are saved. Not because we’ve done good things, but through God’s grace. Humbly thank God for His mercy and grace that He called you, for a purpose, and pray for understanding of His plan.
2 Timothy 1:9 He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time,
7. Being called means we aspire to follow the example of Christ. We desire to have faith, be good, gain knowledge of the Lord, exhibit self-control, preserver for Him, be godly, affectionate, and to love all. If we do these things we are communing with God, all helping us better understand the plan He wants us to follow.
2 Peter 1:10-11 Therefore, my brothers and sisters, make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
I encourage you to read this post everyday until next week’s post. Praise God for the plan He has for you as you work towards a specific goal or contemplate important decisions while discovering His plan for you.
To Him be the glory as we walk on water to better understand His perfect plan.
SHARE: God Called Me!,
ORDER copies of LIFT HIM UP DON’T PULL HIM DOWN @ LULU.COM or AMAZON.COM for your next Bible Study. Learn the importance of keeping God’s name holy.
Thanks, God, for everything You have given me, for the love that surrounds me, for the faith You gifted to me, for Your Son who sacrificed himself for me, for calling me to You. Amen.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Tim, thank you for your heartfelt prayer! God does give us all gifts and I am also thankful for the gift of faith. Faith that this series exploring God’s plan for us will grow through His mercy and grace for each reader. Blessings.
LikeLiked by 2 people
Pingback: God’s Promises To Me! | Lift Him Up
Pingback: God, I Believe! | Lift Him Up
Pingback: God’s Blessings To Me! | Lift Him Up
Pingback: Praise God! He Has A Plan For You! | Lift Him Up