As we continue to seek the perfect plan God made for each of us. . .
Thank you for stepping out in faith! We are walking on water here! We are continuing to move outside our comfort zone as we seek God’s plan. If you are new to the blog, I suggest you read my last two posts, “Christian Screenwriter Seeks God’s Plan” and “God Called Me!”, just to catch up.
We are on the third week of a seven week series, designed to worship God for who He is, to thank Him for all He has done and will do, praying to better understand the plan He prepared for us. Let’s begin by positioning our hearts to know God is awesome!
We are called by God, He created a plan for each of us, He made promises to us, and if we believe He affords us blessings.
1. His love created the vastness of the universe, yet His love also envelopes every minute detail of our lives. He planned it that way. Before you read more, take a moment to praise God for the wonders of His love.
Psalm 40:5 Many, LORD my God, are the wonders you have done, the things you planned for us. None can compare with you; were I to speak and tell of your deeds, they would be too many to declare.
2. Think about your talents. Think about change you see needed in a situation. Think about problems that need solved. Is there anything you feel very strongly about? This is what we are working towards. God wants us to take good action, not sit idol.
Proverbs 14:22-23 Do not those who plot evil go astray? But those who plan what is good find love and faithfulness. All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty.
3. When God created, He did so with purpose. Yes, there are choices. Reading the Bible opens our minds to the goodness we are to share through our choices. Read these verses on joy and faithfulness. Can you think of a purpose that offers you joy and faithfulness?
Proverbs 19:21 Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD‘s purpose that prevails.
4. I am happy to use the gifts God gives me for His glory. As you continue to discover His plan and purpose, thank Him right now for the gifts he gives you . The closer we come in His presence, the better listeners we are to His plan. Think about your answers in #2.
Isaiah 14:24 The LORD Almighty has sworn, “Surely, as I have planned, so it will be, and as I have purposed, so it will happen.
5. Praise God for His favor upon you. Thank Him that you are not obstinate; your desire is His desire for you. Acknowledge the plans you carried out on your own, that failed, are stepping stones to His purpose.
Isaiah 30:1 “Woe to the obstinate children,” declares the LORD, “to those who carry out plans that are not mine, forming an alliance, but not by my Spirit, heaping sin upon sin;
6. Thank the Lord that the plan He has for you will prosper you. You prosper in many areas of your life. You can have peace of mind, good health, stable finances. To prosper means action must be taken to get those things: make righteous decisions, eat right and exercise, spend wisely. Are any of these actions God’s plan for you?
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
7. Our God is so good! He thought of you in the beginning. He chose you and predestined you, so of course He will not leave you stumbling through life without a plan. Thank Him for that truth, and thank Holy Spirit for His help as you seek God’s plan.
Ephesians 1:11 In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,
I encourage you to read this post everyday until next week’s post. Praise God for the plan He has for you as you work towards a specific goal or contemplate important decisions.