The purpose and planning, the process and pages – all created through and for, praising His presence.
Here I am with my husband, John, of thirty-four years on the right.
That’s Jayar from Joy FM in the center.
This family photo was taken May, 2018 at Dallas Theological Seminary. My daughter Joy, with the hat, received her Master of Arts in Christian Education. Joy’s husband Zack (left), will graduate with his Master in Theology spring of 2019.
Standing to my left is Dr. Tony Evans, Senior Pastor at Oak Cliff Bible Fellowship in Dallas and “one of the country’s most respected leaders in evangelical circles”, was the speaker at the graduation ceremony. My husband John is in the white shirt.
Thank you for visiting my blog! My name is Debra, and I write to acknowledge the name of our merciful and glorious God!
Statement of Faith
- I believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- I believe there is one God, eternally existents in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- I believe Jesus Christ is the son of God, born of a virgin, and lived a sinless life.
- I believe Jesus shed His blood on the cross for all sin, His body resurrected, then He ascended to sit at the right hand of God the Father.
- I believe that Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation.
- I believe Jesus will one day return and win the final battle over evil.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit.
We all have gifts to share in God’s kingdom.
In 1997 I heard a sermon preached by Rev. Mark Arnott about God’s gifts to each us. The message presented offered clear points regarding God’s gifts to us. When we share our gifts they help make a difference in the lives of others.
It was on that day in 1997 that I decided to hone in on discovering God’s gifts to me and begin sharing them with others. Here are a few of the things I did:
- Made crafts, and sold crafts, wrote articles on how to make crafts.
- Entered Christian Art Shows.
THE SHOE TREE – Won BEST OF SHOW. THE SHOE TREE represented the idea: Would you humble yourself to wash the feet of another? Jesus did!
SIGN FOR JESUS – Won JUDGES AWARD. This was an interactive art piece. Over a period of one year I visited seventeen churches asking congregants to sign their name on the canvas with a colorful marker. In turn, within twenty-four hours, they were asked to say the name Jesus to someone who may not know Him.
2521 signatures created this art piece.
- Emme’s Birthday Party is a family play I wrote. It was produced at a local theater.
- Tee Time for Troops. As founder and single member of a program designed to offer support to our military, I mailed 60,000 golf balls to Iraq so soldiers could enjoy a little “Tee Time”. Balls donated by Mccain Golf Center.
It was in 2014, while still praying over that sermon from 1997, God placed upon my heart the desire to write a book on His 3rd commandment explaining why we should never take His name in vain.
Here is a excerpt from my book, describing the attitude God desires from us each time we speak His name:
If you feel uncomfortable standing up for this truth [not taking the Lord’s name in vain], then try getting down on your knees instead. Have you ever gotten down on your knees in the middle of a room, and prayed to God? It’s a different feeling praying on your knees, than it is laying comfortably snuggled in bed. On your knees in the middle of a room with nothing but God to lean into. Head bowed down, arms at your side, you are humbling yourself. You are admitting you are lower than God. You are acting subservient; ready to obey a higher power. And you are also displaying reverence; deep respect and honor for One with authority.
When you are in this position, praying your heart out to God, you realize how this is the attitude God always wants us to have, each time we speak His name. This action of our kneeling, lifts Him up. So as we walk throughout our day, relating and talking to others, remember God desires us to continually acknowledge the sovereignty of His name, as if we were still down on our knees.
I am thankful for the opportunities God offered me to share my book at speaking engagements, Bible studies, and through family and friends.
My newest writing project: THE PLAN.
- THE PLAN – a completed Christian screenplay, inspires viewers to seek and fulfill their plan from God, in turn, making a difference and causing others to seek and fulfill their plan from God, in turn, making a difference. . . Praise God for His continual perfect plan!
Now I wait in faith for any of the producers, production companies and/or actors to respond to my requests for them to read THE PLAN.
I stand firm on God’s Word that I am called, He has a plan for me, He made promises to me which I believe, and He wants to bless me.
Thank you for checking out my blog. I invite you to join my prayer team thanking God for favor and blessings on THE PLAN.