Jesus Christ was fully human and fully God. So as the flow of His blood from His crucifixion began to take place—beginning in the Garden of Gethsemane as He prayed and ending when He was pierced by the sword in His side—believers began receiving His holy blood as free gifts.
Jesus did the dirty work. He died for our sin. Now it is up to us to accept by faith His holy shedding of blood as gifts given through salvation, forgiveness, healing, atonement, faith, freedom and so much more.
Romans 3:25,26 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement, through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished—he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
Thank-you, Jesus, for offering your powerful gifts to all peoples! My prayer is that everyone who hears Your word chooses, with open arms, to receive these gifts for Your glory! Amen.
1. Romans 3:24. . .affirms we are justified (declared “not guilty” of sin).
2. Romans 8:2. . .declares we are free from the law of sin that leads to death.
3. 1 Corinthians 1:2. . .states we are sanctified (made holy) and acceptable in Jesus Christ.
4. 1 Corinthians 15:22. . .we can know we will be made alive at the resurrection.
5. 2 Corinthians 5:17. . .confirms we are new creations.
6. 2 Corinthians 5:21. . .proclaims we receive God’s righteousness.
7. Galatians 3:28. . .acknowledges we are one in Christ with all other believers.
8. Ephesians 1:3. . .we are blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ.
9. Ephesians 1:4. . .God sees us as holy and blameless.
10. Ephesians 1:5,6. . .God adopted us as His children.
11. Ephesians 1:7 In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace
12. Ephesians 1:10,11. . .declares we will be brought under Christ’s authority.
13. Ephesians 2:6. . .Jesus’ blood raises us up to sit with Him in glory.
14. Ephesians 2:10. . .reveals we are God’s work of art.
15. Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
16. Ephesians 3:6. . .we receive the promise of blessings through Christ.
17. Ephesians 3:12. . .we know with freedom and confidence we can come into God’s presence.
18. Colossians 2:10. . .Christians recognize we need nothing more than Jesus.
19. Colossians 2:12. . .believing in the blood raises us with Christ.
20. 2 Timothy 2:10. . .we obtain salvation.
May you today accept the blood of Jesus to wash over you and cleanse you of all sin. May you feel freedom in Christ. May you claim righteousness, atonement and obtain the understanding that you are God’s perfect work of art and through Christ’s blood you will one day sit with Him in glory.