12 Famous People who state the Bible makes a difference in their lives.
From scientists to presidents, artists to celebrities, all believers in Christ accept the importance of God’s Truth:
1.Sir Isaac Newton 1643-1727 – “We account the scriptures of God to be the most sublime philosophy. I find more sure marks of authenticity in the Bible than in any profane history whatsoever.”
2. President George Washington 1732-1799 – “It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.”
3. Senator Daniel Webster 1782-1852 – “If there is anything in my thoughts or style to commend, the credit is due to my parents for instilling in me an early love of the Scriptures. If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering and to prosper; but if we and our posterity neglect its instructions and authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us and bury all our glory in profound obscurity.”
4. General Robert E. Lee 1807-1870 – “The Bible is a book in comparison with which all others are of minor importance, and which in all my perplexities and distresses has never failed to give me light and strength.”
5. President Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865 – “I am busily engaged in the study of the Bible. I believe it is the word of God because it finds me where I am.” He also said, “I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to man. All the good of the Savior of the world is communicated to us through the Book.”
6. President Ulysses S. Grant 1822-1885 – “Hold fast to the Bible as the sheet anchor of your liberties, write its precepts on your hearts and practice them in your lives.”
Psalm 1:1-2 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, but whose delight is in the law of the LORD, and who meditates on his law day and night.
7. Artist Vincent van Gogh 1853-1890 – “It is a very good thing that you read the Bible… The Bible is Christ, for the Old Testament leads up to this culminating point… He lived serenely, as a greater artist than all other artists, despising marble and clay as well as color, working in living flesh.”
8. President Ronald Reagan 1911-2004 – “Of the many influences that have shaped the United States into a distinctive nation and people, none may be said to be more fundamental and enduring than the Bible.”
9, Fred Rogers, “Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood” 1928-2003 – “I can’t imagine more surprising places for God to appear than a manger or a cross. Yet all through his life and resurrection, Jesus demonstrates the power of showing and sharing God’s love.
Every time I write a script or a song or walk into the studio, I pray ‘Let some word that is heard be Thine.’ That’s really all that matters.”
2 Timothy 3:16-17 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
10. Martial Artist & actor Chuck Norris (with his wife Gena) 1940 – “We receive a lot of requests to get behind a lot of things, but it took us only a few minutes to know that we were to stand behind this important work.” Public service announcement encouraging citizens to bring the Bible back to America’s public schools as an elective course of study.
11. Evangelist & actor Kirk Cameron 1970 – “Put your nose into the Bible everyday. It is your spiritual food. And then share it. Make a vow not to be a lukewarm Christian.”
12. Christian seminary student, blogger & speaker Joy Pedrow 1993 – “The most important value of JP Ministries is to lead women to Jesus. We desire for each and every college woman to know the gospel and experience life change through the power of His word.”