Jesus is the name of the living, visible God who walked this earth two thousand years ago; who knew history, before history occurred. His is the Christ, Almighty.
Because the Son of God chose to leave His heavenly throne (said figuratively because Christ at all times rules – But about the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; Hebrews 1:8) –
- we are assured eternal life. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. John 10:27-28
Because the Son of God gave no resistance to His arresting officers, endured being spit upon and accepted cruel fists thrown at His face for our sins –
- we are assured all our needs will be met. But my God shall supply all your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
Because the Son of God suffered brutal flogging, a crown of thorns and mockery for our bad past, present and future choices –
- we are assured forgiveness for all our sins. All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name.” Acts 10:43
Because the Son of God was forced to carry on His back His own means of execution, the Cross, and exhaustingly He trudged up Golgotha to be crucified for our sins –
- we are assured justice. And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? Luke 18:7
Because the Son of God suffered nails driven into His hands and feet, so He would die a slow, torturous death –
- we are assured Jesus is the Son of God. I and the Father are one.” John 10:30
Because Jesus endured all this suffering for our:
- eternal life
- forgiveness of sins
we need to continually remember He still makes history as He walks with us today (said literally because Christ at all times, is by our side). and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:20
Let us lift Him up.